Sophie Makes: Milk Tea
Sophie TRIED to Make Milk Tea but Failed.
I think after my success with my Chocolate Chip Melon Pans, I got a little too excited or cocky. I had some black tea leaves in my room and decided to try to make my own milk tea.
Ingredients: (2 servings)
– 30g black tapioca pearl (in the end, I chose not to add in pearls anymore)
– 300g water
– 10g black tea leaves (I used CREAM of Earl Grey instead – bad move)
– 300g soy milk (I used full cream milk instead)
– 30 – 60g maple syrup (I added in white sugar, brown sugar, and condensed milk instead)
1. Soak black tapioca pearls overnight. (I skipped this.)
2. Boil black tea leaves for 1 – 2 minutes.
3. Add in soy milk and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat when it brings to a boil again.
4. Boil black tapioca pearls for 1 – 2 minutes.
5. Let them cool then pour together into your cup.
Of course, I didn’t have the time and the exact ingredients, so I improvised.
In the end, I decided to switch some of the ingredients and tweak the recipe as I went.
The first step was to bring the tea leaves to a boil:
The second step was to add the milk in:
then when it started boiling, I took it off the heat and drained it:
I put it aside to let it cool:
It was going so well. I added in sugar and condensed milk because I didn’t have maple syrup.
Final verdict? It tasted good…at first, but when the aftertaste landed I was like “ughhh”. HAHA. I guess using CREAM of Earl Grey was a bad move. My family drank some politely but I could tell that they didn’t like it. My brother straight out told me that it tasted like medicine – HAHA! Even with all the sugar and condensed milk added, it didn’t taste sweet at all. It’s a good thing that this recipe is good for two large cups only, so throwing it out later on didn’t feel too bad (since I practically drank half of it anyways).
LESSON LEARNED: use different tea leaves.
On a side note, I took one of my dogs (Archer) out for a haircut today.
I was really surprised. I didn’t expect him to end up like that, but oh well – HAHA! It’ll grow back, and he still looks cute anyways.
Well, those were basically the highlights of my day. Here’s to hoping I won’t fail my next recipe-experiment HAHA.